(click the links below for more information, or scroll down)
SURGICAL PATHOLOGY CYTOLOGY
Gastroenterology ThinPrep Pap Smear
Gynecology Conventional Pap Smear
ENT Non-gynecological cytology:
Breast Brushings & washings, body
Urology Fluids & cyst cytology, urine
Soft tissue and bone
HISTOLOGY HPV TESTING
Tissue processing HPV- HR (Human Papilloma Virus,
Slide Preparation High Risk:16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39
Routine & special stains 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 66, 68)
Immunoperoxidase analysis HPV Genotype, HR variants 16, 18
with tumor panels
Breast Cancer prognosis panel
Surgical Pathology/Histology Services
CBM Pathology offers quality surgical pathology/histology services, including tissue processing, slide preparation, routine and special stains. Our laboratory is staffed with specially trained and experienced histotechnologists. The high caliber of our technical staff, pride in workmanship and focus on patient care set CBM Pathology apart from other laboratories.
- In-house histology providing comprehensive & complete routine processing & special stains.
- Immunoperoxidase staining, analysis and panels.
- Breast cancer prognosis panel
- Comprehensive biopsy evaluation incorporating current and previous cases
- Historical results available on current diagnostic report
- Peer review of malignancies
- All routine cases have 1-2 days turnaround preliminary diagnosis and discussion of initial findings if further studies (deeper sections, special stains) are required.
- All special study cases double reviewed by pathologists
- Report incorporates pictures and pertinent microscopic findings.
The special stain is incorporated in the report to obtain the most accurate diagnosis. In some cases, special procedures are needed and obtained for specific tumor profiles to aid in treatment and prognosis. State of the art protocols are constantly updated, and our priority is to communicate with treating oncologists and surgeons to follow their current cancer protocol.
- Conventional and ThinPrep Smears, with quick turnaround and HGSIL notification
- Correlation of histology with previous cytology
- FNA Interpretation with 24 hour Diagnostic Call Back, as requested
- Non-gynecological cytology including: scrapings, discharge, washings, brushings, examination of fluid in body cavities, cysts and urine
CBM Pathology's cytology department provides testing for vaginal and cervical PAP smears using conventional and monolayer preparations. Each staff cytotechnologist is registered with American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and trained and certified to evaluate and diagnose conventional smears and FDA approved ThinPrep monolayer preparations. The cytology department participates in the State of Maryland annual Cytology proficiency testing, and in continuous proficiency evaluation and CME from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
CBM Pathology provides processing and interpretation of non-gyn specimens including scrapings of superficial lesions, nipple and other discharges, washings, brushings, examination of fluid in body cavities, cysts, sputum, and urine. The cytology department is directed by Dr. Carla B. MacLeod, who is subspecialty board certified in Cytopathology and has extensive experience with gynecologic and non-gynecologic cytology.
FNA Biopsy and Interpretation
Our board certified pathologists, led by Dr. Carla B. MacLeod, are experts in the field of cytopathology, with special training in the the performance and interpretation of FNA biopsies. They bring more than 40 years combined experience performing and diagnsosing FNA biopsies. When requested, CBM Pathology communicates the preliminary diagnosis to the referring physician within four hours of the procedure and within on hour whenever possible. Our office is co-located with our histology and cytology lab, so specimens are processed in-house, reducing the time it takes to make an accurate diagnosis. CBM Pathology also evaluates on-site adequacy of FNAs and performs ancillary studies as needed, with material immediately submitted for special procedures and stains, such as lymphoma panels, microbiologic culture and immunocytochemical panels.
We perform FNA biopsies in a comfortable office setting in Gaithersburg, MD. Parking is easy and patient education is available (FNA Patient Brochure). For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact (301) 926- 4707, or email@example.com.
CBM Pathology provides High Risk Human Papilomavirus (HPV) testing in combination with cytology to increase the diagnostic sensitivity of screening for cervical cancer. With Cervista High Risk HPV methodology, we provide qualitative detection of DNA from 14 designated high risk HPV types: 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 66, and 68. CBM Pathology also performs 16/18 HPV genotyping so referring physicians can triage patients at risk for cervical cancer requiring colposcopy and better manage patient care.
Fast & Convenient Reporting
Patients should not have to wait longer than necessary for potentially life-changing results. CBM Pathology offers same-day telephone or fax results on all malignant cases. We also offer same-day second opinion for patients' previous cases from other laboratories when slides are available.
- Routine: 24- 72 hours
- STAT: Same day when technically feasible
- Routine: 5 business days
- Abnormal: 1-2 additional days
- STAT: 4 hours
Fine Needle Aspiration
- Preliminary Diagnosis: 4 hours, when requested
- Final Report: 1-2 days
- STAT: 2 hours
- Routine: 5-8 days
- STAT: 1-2 days
- Friendly billing from professional billing services. No offensive collection practices.
- Participation with virtually all insurance companies, including HMOs, Kaiser & United Healthcare. Insurance Participation.